Pic 1 Pic 2
Ballet is a classical dance form performed to music using precise and highly formalized set steps and gestures. Classical ballet is characterized by light, graceful, fluid movements, and the use of pointe shoes. In ballet, girls and boys will learn the five arm and foot positions, jumps, turns, lifts, etc.
- Level 1: 1-2 years experience
- Level 2: 2-3 years experience
- Level 3: 3-6 years experience
- Level 4: 4+ years experience
- Level 5: 5+ years experience
- *Ballet classes have a stricter dress code. Uniformity helps the teacher notice mistakes. If everyone is wearing the same thing, the teacher is able to pick out little things (a hip too high, an elbow in the wrong spot, a wrist dropped, etc) because the eye isn’t distracted by a bunch of little differences between every dancer.
- Girls in Level 1-2 are to wear any color leotard, pink tights, and pink ballet shoes. Hair must be pulled back in a bun and NO jewelry is to be worn.
- Girls in Level 3-5 are to wear a black leotard, pink tights, and pink ballet shoes. Hair must be pulled back in a bun and NO jewelry is to be worn.
- Boys are to wear a tight white t-shirt with black tights (think tights that you can’t see through); dance belts are allowed to be worn along with black ballet shoes.
- Additionally, all dancers in Level 4 and 5 must have a 9 foot Medium Strength Thera-Band and 1 or 2 Yoga Blocks.